Bison Seed Coating Mix Recipe
Bentonite clay and bison compost can be mixed together to create a seed coating that provides a number of benefits for seed germination and seedling growth. Here is a basic recipe for making the seed coating:
- 1 cup of Bentonite clay
- 1 cup of Bison compost
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Bentonite clay and Bison compost. Mix well.
- Slowly add water to the mixture, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a thick, pasty consistency.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to allow the clay to fully hydrate.
- Once the clay is fully hydrated, the seed coating is ready to use.
- Sow the seed as usual.
Note: The quantity of water added to the mixture will depend on the desired consistency and type of seed you are using. It is important to test the recipe with small quantity first before using it on larger scale.
Keep in mind that this is a basic recipe and you can adjust it according to the crop and quantity of seeds you are using. It is important to consult with experts to determine the best ratio of ingredients and application method for your specific crop and growing conditions.
- Spread the mixture out in a thin layer on a baking sheet or other flat surface.
- Place the mixture in a well-ventilated area to dry, such as a greenhouse or a sunny location outdoors.
- Allow the mixture to dry completely, which may take several days, depending on the humidity and temperature. Be sure to turn the mixture over occasionally to ensure even drying.
- Once the mixture is dry, it can be stored in an airtight container or a plastic bag.
- The dried seed coating mixture can be stored for several months before it needs to be used.
- Before using the dried seed coating mixture, you will need to rehydrate it by adding a small amount of water to it and mixing it well. The consistency should be thick but not too dry.
Note: It is important to keep the dried seed coating mixture in a dry place, away from moisture to prevent any mold or mildew growth.
It's also important to note that you will have to test the seed coating mixture for optimal drying time and rehydration time that suits your crop and growing conditions.